+63949 384 3504
Select Page


a question on what to do when cyberbullied


My response:

  • If a minor, the 1st thing to do is tell an adult in authority. This could be your parents, teacher or guidance counselor
  • Report the account broadcasting the hostile messages to the concerned service provider,
    • for Facebook, go here: http://www.facebook.com/help/359033794168099/
    • for Twitter, go here: https://support.twitter.com/groups/33-report-a-violation/topics/122-reporting-violations/articles/15789-how-to-report-violations
  • Block the concerned hostile account from accessing your social networking account(s).
  • If applicable, change your email address and CP # or ┬ásim card and gradually share it to the people you trust.
  • File a complaint to police authorities. If you are from the Philippines, you can file an online complaint at PNP CIDG- AngelNet, go here: http://cidgangelnet.ph/main/?page_id=121
  • If necessary, have a vacation from your online activities
  • Seek professional help if needed to recover from the trauma.
  • Move on