A round of applause should be extended to PNP for their proactive approach on Cyber Safety.
About 2 years ago, before I was introduced to one of the officers of the cyber crime group of PNP, I thought we are far behind. But our PNP is at par with their foreign counterparts in terms of know how, what we are lacking are appropriate cyber laws. Their release of safety guidelines when using Facebook only proves how adept they are of the times.
Below are the guidelines issued by PNP for the safety use of Facebook:
- Hide yourself from Facebook search result
- Limit your Personal InformationProtect your Albums
- Publishing Stories on your Wall Post and News Feed
- Avoid chatting to people you don’t know
- Avoid Joining Groups
- Never forget to “Sign Out”
What I find cooler is their advice for Parents and Guardians and a warning for impersonating.
To read the full guideline, please go to the PNP page on Cyber Security